Every Friday we want to offer a collection of media pieces that we’re finding provocative, vital, persuasive, prophetic, genius, infuriating, mind-blogging, and other adjectives that gesture at all things thought-provoking. Some of these posts will, of course, focus on immigration, but some will not. Some of these posts will represent the foreground of our national attention, but others will have sunk far into its background. Regardless, we hope to pass on a bit of what we’ve been reading, and what’s been capturing our attentions. If you’d like to pass on any media, please contact us at Imag2050@gmail.com. Enjoy!
- Immigration Hard-Liners Are Eyeing a New Tactic (from Mother Jones)
- Purple Heart: Soldier Pawns Medal To Pay For Christmas (from Huffington Post)
- Arguments Scheduled in Ariz. Racial Profiling Case (from ABC News)
- NY Times Report: “Growing Number” of American Citizens being Detained by the Obama Administration’s “Immigration Crackdown” (from Kolken & Kolken Immigration Lawyers)
- Immigrants founded half of top U.S. start-up companies (from Reuters)
- Prosecutorial review puts immigration cases in holding pattern, infuses a sense of hope (from DenverPost.com)