Member of the Trump administration’s DHS landing team and anti-Muslim spokesperson
Katharine Gorka heads a national security think tank and consulting firm. Over the years, Gorka has amplified conspiracy theories about Islam and criticized American Muslims as a group. Gorka regularly expresses her ideas in the far-right media outlet Breitbart and in other anti-Muslim publications.
- Gorka derided DHS training materials depicting Islam as peaceful because it “has driven many of today’s experts underground.”
- She expressed clear support for former Rep. Michele Bachmann’s needlessly paranoiac legislation designate the Muslim Brotherhood a terrorist organization.
- Gorka threw support behind the Joseph McCarthy-esque, anti-Muslim congressional witch hunt against Huma Abedin, a longtime aide to Hillary Clinton. The campaign was driven by then Rep. Michele Bachmann and four other members of congress with the help of Frank Gaffney, a notorious anti-Muslim conspiracy theorist.
- She has penned criticism of the government’s Countering Violent Extremism pilot program because “[i]t means a reliance on the Muslim community to more fully cooperate with law enforcement.”
- Gorka has made a couple appearances on Frank Gaffney’s program “Secure Freedom Radio.”
- During an appearance on “Secure Freedom Radio,” Gorka told Frank Gaffney he believed the government’s Countering Violent Extremism (CVE) program is ineffective because the country needs to be worried about the “the non-violent jihadists.”
- She is married to far-right, anti-Islam national security pundit Dr. Sebastian Gorka.