Trump’s former national security adviser, Flynn serves on the board of the viciously anti-Muslim group ACT for America.
Michael T. Flynn is on the board of the aggressively anti-Muslim group ACT for America. A former lieutenant general, Flynn reportedly retired from his position at the Defense Intelligence Agency in 2014. His colleagues noted his “chaotic” management style and loose interpretations of facts, coining the term “Flynn facts.” Flynn was also reportedly ultra-critical of the Obama administration’s handling of “Islamic terrorism.” Upon retirement, it appears Flynn became acquainted with ACT for America, the nation’s largest anti-Muslim grassroots group. The group now touts Flynn as one of its staunchest allies in the Trump administration. On February 13, Flynn resigned from his position after lying about conversations he had with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak.
- Flynn serves on ACT for America’s board of advisers.
- In a November 29 email, ACT boasted that it will have “a direct line to President-elect Trump through our allies such as General Michael Flynn…”
- Flynn previously called Islam a “cancer” and “a political ideology” masquerading as a religion during an event organized by a Dallas ACT chapter.
- Flynn spoke at ACT’s 2016 national conference and legislative briefing in Washington, D.C.
- Flynn tweeted, “Fear of Muslims is RATIONAL.”
- He has claimed to personally be “at war with Islam, or a, or a component of Islam, for the last decade.”
- Flynn has praised ACT’s founder and president Brigitte Gabriel, a notorious anti-Muslim demagogue, who said, “Every practicing Muslim is a radical Muslim.”
- Flynn promoted his book, The Field of Fight: How We Can Win the Global War Against Radical Islam and Its Allies, at events organized by ACT in Ohio, Virginia, and Texas.
- According to the Lobe Blog, Flynn’s twitter profile is said to be following accounts “promoting white supremacy, anti-Muslim conspiracies, unsubstantiated claims about President Obama’s birthplace.”